RACE WEEKEND INSTRUCTIONS
Packet Pick-up and Late Registration:
Sunset Center, San Carlos Street at 9th Avenue in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Saturday, June 16 th, Noon to 4 p.m., Chapman Room, Sunset Center
Race Day Sunday, June 17 th , 7-8 a.m., Courtyard, Sunset Center
- Race-day parking will be available in the parking lot north of Sunset Center as well as on side streets. Please be considerate of residents and do not block driveways and observe all parking rules and regulations. Street parking time limits will be enforced after 11:00 a.m.
- Start-line festivities will begin at 8:00 a.m. The 2K starts at 8:20 a.m. The 5K starts at 8:30 a.m.
- If you are walking the 2K with your four-legged friend(s), pick up your free dog bandana, compliments of Pet Specialists, at packet pick-up.
- Tribute bibs to honor the one for whom you are running or walking are available for $3 and dog shirts are $16 at packet pick-up.
- There will be gear check available near the start for those who would like their warm-up clothes transported to the finish line. Bring your own bag. We are not responsible for lost items. Pick up your bag after the race in the finish-area parking lot.
- Many great items are available in the post-race raffle. You will receive one free raffle ticket when you finish your 5K or 2K event. You must be present to win.
- After the finish, enjoy water and light refreshments at the Finish Celebration in Del Mar Parking Lot at the base of Ocean Avenue. The raffle and awards ceremony will begin at approximately 9:20 a.m.
- We do not provide transportation back to Sunset Center from the finish area. It’s about a half-mile uphill walk. Some have found it helpful to park in the neighborhoods between the start and finish.
- Preview the many outstanding items in our silent auction at packet pick-up. Winners may pay prior to the event or can pick up and pay for their items between 11:00 and 11:30 a.m. after the race at Sunset Center, if unable to do so before the start. (Auction items are not taken to and cannot be paid for in the finish area.)
- Take a look at this year’s tribute book. It is quite moving and it is not too late to add your submission.